Find 2012 Veterans Day Deals In Plymouth
Local businesses are honoring veterans on Sunday, Nov. 11 and some on Monday, Nov. 12 with nice deals.
To honor local veterans, local businesses are offering discounts and deals Sunday, Nov. 11 and Monday, Nov. 12.
Here are only some of the deals going on in Plymouth:
• Applebee’s is offering a free meal, Sunday, Nov. 11, 2012. Last year, Applebee’s served more than 1 million free meals to military veterans and active servicemembers. Applebee’s is again offering a free meal to military veterans and active-duty service members on Veterans Day, Sunday, Nov. 11, 2012. There will be seven entrées to choose from, beverage and gratuity not included. Military ID or proof of service required.
• Chili’s is offering a free meal, Sunday, Nov. 11, 2012. Chili’s is offering all military veterans past and present their choice of one of seven meals. This offer is available from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. on November 11, 2012, at participating Chili’s in the U.S. only. (Dine-in from limited menu only; beverages and gratuity not included. Veterans and active duty military simply show proof of military service.)
• Green Mill is offering 50 percent off any entree, Sunday, Nov. 11, 2012. The offer is for active-duty veterans. Proof of military service includes having a uniform, military identification, military earnings statement or a veterans organization member card. (Active duty military and veterans must show proof of service. Available for dine-in only during normal business hours on November 11, 2012 at participating Green Mill Restaurants only. Not valid with any other discount or offer. Beverages and gratuity not included.)
• Home Depot Military Discount: The Home Depot(R) is offering all active duty personnel, reservists, retired military, veterans and their families a 10 percent discount off their purchases in honor of Veterans Day. The offer is valid on purchases of up to $2,000 for a maximum of $200 and is available at The Home Depot stores, The Home Depot Design Center locations, Yardbirds and EXPO Design Center(R) locations. The 10% military discount is available everyday for active duty and retirees, but not all veterans. Home Depot makes this offer available to all veterans on most military holidays.
• Lowe’s Military Discount: Lowe’s Companies, Inc. will offer all active, reserve, honorably discharged, retired military personnel and their immediate family members a 10 percent discount on in-store U.S. purchases made during the Veterans Day holiday. The discount is available Nov. 7 – Nov. 11. The discount is available on in-stock and special order purchases up to $5,000. To qualify, individuals must present a valid military ID or other proof of service. Excluded from the discount are sales via Lowes.com, previous sales, and purchases of services or gift cards. Like Home Depot, Lowes offers this discount daily to active duty military members, but not to veterans. However, they extend the offer to military veterans on military holidays. You can also find exclusive discounts at Lowe’s.com.
• Red Roof Inn 15 percent off during the entire month of November. Veterans receive 15 percent off their stay.
• Free Oil Change: Oil changes are free to Veterans and active duty armed forces members at many participating local oil change centers including participating name brand oil service centers. Call stores in your local area to confirm. Many are offering the free oil change for several days around Veteran’s Day.
• Free Hair Cuts: Sport Clips will offer free haircuts to active-duty U.S. service members and veterans on Veterans Day, Sunday, November 11, 2012, with valid proof of service. (Please contact Sport Clips The Shops of Plymouth Town Center for more information.)
On Wednesdays at the Minnesota School of Business- Cosmetology in Plymouth if you bring in your military ID. This is a deal that goes outside of Veterans Day.
Things to Note:
Most companies require some form of military ID. These include: a Military ID Card (active/reserve/retired), Current Leave and Earnings Statement (LES), Drivers License with Veterans Designation, a photograph in uniform, you in uniform (if your service permits), Veterans Organization Card (e.g., American Legion and VFW), DD214, discharge paperwork, or other form of identification. Other restaurants and companies may go by the honor system.
Always call ahead to verify locations, times, and participation. Many of the listed companies are franchises and may have different policies.
Did we miss your great deal for Veterans Day? Let us know in the comments below and we'll add it to the list! Thank you for honoring veterans!
(Editor's Note: This is a list of only some local businesses with deals/discounts. This is NOT a list of businesses having Veterans Day sales.)