Plymouth Police Find Student With Taser
A male student suspected to have marijuana was actually found to be carrying a Taser at school.
From June 7-13 the Plymouth Police Department reported 50 incidents, which included the following:
• Three assault
• Two domestic assault
• Two commercial burglaries
• Two residential burglaries, including tools and other items valued at $6,000 stolen from two unattached garages June 13 on the 3200 block of Harbor Lane North. There was no sign of forced entry and the case is under investigation.
• Five controlled substances found
• Four criminal damages to property
• Two DWIs
• Two reports of forgery
• Four reports of fraud, one of which included a victim responding to an ad on Craigslist and receiving a check for $1,900 on June 7. The victim deposited the check and wired the money as requested, but the check was counterfeit. The money was lost.
• Three harassments reported
• Two hit and runs
• One juvenile curfew reported
• Five underage drinking incidents
• One motor vehicle theft, which included a tractor valued at $6,500, was stolen June 12 from a property on the 9900 block of 13th Avenue North.
• Ten thefts, including a liquor sign stolen June 9 from a business on Nathan Lane and portable fire pit from a residential yard on the 16800 block of 22nd Avenue North.
• One theft from a vehicle
• One weapons offense, which included a male student who was searched after an officer was alerted to him smelling of marijuana and a Taser, was found in the student’s pocket on June 11 on the 10000 block of 36th Avenue North. Charges are pending.