Plymouth MN Patch will be at the community table from 2:30 to 6 p.m. today at the Plymouth Farmer's Market in the Ice Forum parking lot.
Join us, sign up for a free email newsletter and you could get some free swag. It's first come- first serve while supplies last!
While at today's Farmer's Market not only can you shop for some healthy meal choices from local vendors, but you can also enjoy the antique car show courtesy of the Plymouth Historical Society and the musical stylings of Matt Yetter.
Mark your calendar for these future events happening at the Farmer's Market which has only five more Wednesdays to go before its last day on Oct. 10:
• Sept. 12: Go Green Night with the Environmental Quality Committee
The city's Farmer's Market newsletter provides recipes from food you can get from vendors at the market. Here's some healthy school lunch ideas your kids just may love.
From the city of Plymouth:
One way to simplify and manage your child’s lunch is with the use of plastic lunch containers with separate compartments, which are inexpensive and available anywhere. Portions are controlled and each can be filled section with something different.
Try one of these ideas:
- Bowtie pasta with veggies, watermelon, carrots with hummus and a couple fig cookies
- Fish-shaped tuna sandwich on wheat with goldfish crackers, a small apple and sugar snap pea pods
- Ham and cheese roll-ups on wheat tortillas with mandarin orange sections, a low-fat pudding pack and shelled edamame
- Hard boiled egg with whole grain crackers, bell pepper strips, mini corn muffin and kiwi with blackberries
- One cup bean salad, handful of tortilla chips with salsa, melon wedges, 1/4 c. trail mix