At least they didn’t drink and drive, but staying put wasn’t a good idea for four people found sleeping in the exercise room of a Plymouth apartment complex June 1.
Plymouth Police found a 17-year-old, 18-year-old and two 19-year-olds at 7:47 a.m. sleeping and intoxicated at the apartments located on the 1300 block of Olive Lane. The four were cited for underage consumption of alcohol and trespassing.
From May 31 through June 6 the Plymouth Police Department reported 54 incidents, which included the following:
• One assault
• One domestic assault
• One attempted commercial burglary
• Two commercial burglaries
• Five residential burglaries
• Three businesses failed an alcohol compliance check
• Five controlled substances found
• One counterfeit currency
• Five criminal damages to property
• Three DOCs reported, one of which included three 15-year-olds throwing water balloons at school June 6.
• Three DWIs, one of which included a 26-year-old Plymouth man who, on June 3, crashed his car into a tree at the intersection of 36th Avenue North and Lancaster Lane North. He had a blood alcohol level of .21 when tested.
• Four reports of fraud
• Two harassments reported
• Three hit and runs
• Two reports of underage drinking
• Two reports of prostitution
• Eight thefts, one of which a fountain from a pond valued at $12,000 was stolen June 5 from the location of Vicksburg Lane North and 57th Avenue North in Plymouth and another incident in which a 13-year-old female asked another juvenile if she could borrow their phone to make a call, the victim handed her the phone and the girl fled with it. The phone has not been recovered, but the suspect was cited for theft.
• Two thefts from vehicles
• One trespass on private property