.

Two Children Sent to Hospital After Crystal House Fire

The Golden Valley Fire Department was called to assist in a house fire that started from a space heater.

A little after 2 p.m. on Tuesday, Dec. 11, the West Metro Fire-Rescue District and the Golden Valley Fire Department responded to reports of a house fire at the 4700 block of Yates Avenue North in Crystal.

Sarah Larson, the West Metro Fire-Rescue District's acting chief, said that upon arrival, West Metro Fire-Rescue District firefighters worked quickly to put out flames in one bedroom of the home.

Larson said that a space heater started the fire.

In total, Larson said that four people were in the home at the time the fire started.

Two children were sent to North Memorial Hospital, though Larson couldn't confirm their ages, names or current conditions.

Golden Valley firefighters stood by to provide aid as needed to West Metro Fire-Rescue District.

"The fire was contained to one room," Larson said. "There was no structural damage and just smoke and fire damage to the room."

Follow us on Twitter | Like us on Facebook | Sign up for our daily newsletter

Boards

More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something
See more »