Don't miss seeing more than 60 visual artists showing their work and a great comedy theatre event, "Art," for this year's Primavera Celebration of the Arts.
The theater event was added to this year’s program along with free children’s entertainment. Musical entertainment will be playing throughout the event to add to the festivities.
Here is the schedule of artistic events this week:
• 7:30-9 p.m. Thursday, April 12: “Friends of the Arts” preview night. Call 763-509-5223 for reservations. Free for Friends of the Arts Members, $10 General Reservation. Music entertainment featuring Willie and the Spectors.
• 5-9 p.m. Friday, April 13, 2012: Opening reception with presentation of awards at 7 p.m. Music entertainment featuring Michael Monroe 5:30 p.m. to 7 p.m. ASL interpreter provided for this event. This is a free to the public.
• 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. Saturday, April 14: The exhibit will be open from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. A live flower artist exhibition is 11 a.m, a professional florist will be coming to Primavera and will be producing a large scale flower art exhibit in the Plymouth Creek Center ballroom to complement the Yard and Garden event.
Music entertainment includes the Plymouth Concert Band Ensembles 1-4 p.m., Michael Monroe at 5 p.m. and Keys and Reeds 6-7 p.m.
• 7 p.m. Saturday, April 14, and 3 p.m. Sunday, April 15: Join the fun with the engaging comedy, "ART," the 1998 Tony Award winner for best play. "ART" revolves around three friends who find their friendship strained when one buys an expensive painting. This French comedy will delight as it raises questions of art and friendship. Tickets cost $10 for general admission and $8 for seniors and youth. Call 763-509-5200 or 763-509-5280 for advanced ticket sales. On Sunday enjoy the play while your Children are entertained for free.
• 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. Sunday April 15: The exhibit will be open at this time and there will be free children’s activities and entertainment from 2:30 to 5 p.m. with Schiffelly Puppets and Harry Pulver, Jr. (international cartoonist/illustrator) cartooning class and accordion music. Music entertainment featuring Mary Hall will be 5:30-6:30 p.m.
• 6:30-8:30 p.m. Sunday, April 15: Literary Night in the evening will feature author Daniel James Brown, who will speak about his book "Under a Flaming Sky" and engage in conversation with participants. He will also be available to sign copies of his book. This event is free; no pre-registration is needed.
• 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday, April 16: The last day the exhibit will be open.