Here are some highlights of events happening this week in and around Plymouth.
Monday, Dec. 3, 2012:
• Wayzata School Board special work session, 4 p.m., at the Wayzata Country Club in Wayzata. Agenda items include: self evaluation of the 2012 School Board, electing officers for the 2013 School Board, assigning board members to ad hoc committees, board committee communications and reviewing 2013 standard operating procedures. A dinner for the board will follow at 6 p.m.
Tuesday, Dec. 4, 2012:
• Plymouth City Council special meeting, 5:30 p.m. in the Medicine Lake Conference room of City Hall. Agenda items include: city council goals and legislative priorities and setting future study sessions for the council. The council's 2012 goals included the following: protecting the city's strong financial position; monitoring economic challenges; providing efficient and effective services; promoting transportation solutions; pursuing the Northwest Greenway; continuing environmental initiatives; continuing proactive public safety initiatives; protecting the city's infrastructure investment; and considering development/redevelopment requests. Its 2012 legislative priorities include the following categories: transportation, community development, public safety and general government. Those priorities also had sub-categories.
Wednesday, Dec. 5, 2012:
• Plymouth Planning Commission meeting, 7 p.m. in the City Council Chambers of City Hall. Agenda items include: four public hearings and cancelling the Dec. 19 meeting. The public hearings are for the following: a site plan amendment and conditional use permit amendment for a building expansion and related site improvements at Greenwood Elementary School; a site plan amendment and conditional use permit amendment for a building expansion and related site improvements at Oakwood Elementary School; a conditional use permit, variance and site plan amendment fo ra truck and trailer rental operation accessory to a self storage facility at 1225 Hwy 169 for the Amerco Real Estate Company; and a preliminary plat approval for Hampton Hills South Plateau third addition for Hampton HIlls Investment LLC.
Thursday, Dec. 6, 2012:
• Family Night Out: 6:30 to 8:30 p.m., at Dundee Nursery on Hwy 55 in Plymouth. Enjoy food sampling and beverages, prizes, shopping specials, and activities for the kids during the evening. Santa will be here all evening and The Country Camera will be on hand to take a special photograph if you like. Space is limited and pre-registration is required!
Friday, Dec. 7, 2012:
• Providence Academy/HCA Hockey Team's 'Skate with a Lion:' 4:30 p.m. at the Plymouth Ice Center. There will be Christmas music, cookies, cocoa and water bottles. All ages are invited and skate rental will be available. Donations for Free Arts Minnesota are welcome (optional, not mandatory). The team mascot will be there to skate with those who attend.
Saturday, Dec. 8, 2012:
• : 8:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the North West Islamic Community Center. North West Islamic Community Center and The Muslim Physicians of Minnesota organizations present a Health Expo courtesy of Fairview Health and Allina Health. The Expo will feature many health screenings and information including free flu and pneumonia vaccination, free blood pressure check, cholesterol check, cancer screening and diabetes check.
Sunday, Dec. 9, 2012:
• Plymouth Concert Band Holiday Concert: 4 p.m. at Wayzata High School. Enjoy the sounds of the Christmas in a concert presented by the Plymouth Concert Band, a group of about 60 musicians from Plymouth and the surrounding suburbs. Highlights of the concert will include “Christmas Jazz Suite,” “And the Mountains Echoed: Gloria!,” “A Christmas Celebration,” “The Most Wonderful Time of the Year,” “Holiday Homecomings,” “A Winter’s Dawn,” and “Lo, How a Rose E’er Blooming.” No tickets are necessary.
Got a local event you want people to know about? Post it for free on Plymouth MN Patch anytime!