After an extended winter, including spring snow, several outdoor play areas in the Three Rivers Park District have now opened for the 2013 season - including the play area at French Regional Park in Plymouth.
Three Rivers Park District has several play areas at other parks throughout the Twin Cities as well, according to their website, including:
- Elm Creek Park Reserve in Maple Grove
- Lake Minnetonka Regional Park in Minnetrista
- Bryant Lake Regional Park in Eden Prairie
- Lake Rebecca Park Reserve in Rockford
- Hyland Play Area in Bloomington
- Baker Park Reserve in Maple Plain
- Carver Park Reserve in Victoria
- Cleary Lake Regional Park in Prior Lake
A representative from the Three Rivers Park District confirmed the play area openings as of May 7. The play area at North Mississippi Regional Park in Minneapolis currently remains closed.
Other places for kids to play outside:
- For a full listing of Plymouth parks, check out the directory here.